A basic and versatile sauce that introduce many possibilities to our cooking...
Unsalted butter 25g
Plain flour 20g
Fresh milk 250g
Parmesan cheese 25g
Ground nutmeg a generous pinch
Pink salt to taste
White pepper to taste
1. Heat butter in a pot over low heat, add plain flour.
2. Stir constantly to cook the flour but not to burn it.
3. Add fresh milk in few batches, stir well after each addition.
4. Bring heat to low, constantly stir with a whisk to avoid burning of cream during cooking.
5. Add ingredient 4-7.
6. In 10-15min time, sauce will thicken.
7. Test consistency by running a finger over sauce on spatula or wooden spoon, if line stays, sauce is ready.